To help understand the CBD market we will compare 3 of the big names for CBD oil UK including Provacan, Vitabiotics and Love Hemp.
It seems that the UK is constantly confused about the legality of CBD because there are so many brands, strains and strengths available.
A product that works for one person won’t necessarily work for another, and experimenting is a necessary part of finding a CBD oil that will work for you. So start slow and low and work your way up.
Before buying CBD oil, you should also consider a few very important factors. Here are some basics to get you started.
What exactly is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a cannabinoid that is extracted from the hemp plant. This is not to be confused with the the marijuana plant which has high THC content. As CBD oil becomes legalised in more and more countries, it is climbing in popularity and becoming a must in health concicous indivuduals wellness and supplement regime.
What are the benefits of CBD oil?
As CBD gains massive popularity in the supplements sector across the UK we still need to understand that this is not a miracle cure. If you are looking for a CBD oil that will cure you of pain or cure you of fibromylalgia then your expectations are set to high. What CBD does help with is supporting your wellbeing and current state. What does that mean? CBD has the power to maintain a standard of wellbeing by helping promote sleep. Sleep is the key here. When you sleep your body is able to help your body recover from pain and inflammation while it works to restore your body. Poor sleep, among other things, is the predecessor to many health risks.
What to look for when you buy CBD oil
Like with all things there, there are many different qualities of CBD oil out there, and many of them tend to be misleading or even fake. Our rule of thumb, like with most things in life, you pay for what you get.
Here is some CBD terminology that will help you buy a trustworthy CBD oil::
- The concentration of CBD: There are many different concentrations of CBD. it is important to check the label or website for concentration. Each product should also include a lab report (aka certificate of analysis) on the website or if you ask customer service. This report is a full report of the cannabinoids.
- The percentage of THC: For finished products the limit of THC is 1mg per retail pack so the % depends on the pack size. In 10ml, it equates to 0.01%. To be totally accurate, the limit of 1mg is on the total of all controlled substances and not only THC – (THCV + CBN +Delta 8 THC + Delta 9 THC + Delta 9 THC-A x 0.877 cannot be higher than 1mg.)
- Full spectrum CBD: A CBD oil that is labelled as full-spectrum will contain all the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavanoids from the hemp plant. This combination is essential in working with the body’s endocannabinoid system and producing what is termed as the “entourage effect’ that allows the components of the hemp plant to work with one another to produce the desired effect. An example of full-spectrum cbd oil uk can be seen from Provacan.
- Isolate: CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD that has been stripped down from most of its other cannbinoids, terpenes and flavinoids. An example of CBD oil isolate is from Vitabiotics.
- Super critical CO2 extraction: This is generally considered the gold standard in CBD extraction. It is the cleanest and most efficient method of extracting CBD, that eliminates many of the toxic substances such as pesticides and herbicides. However, this method does not come cheap so expect it to be reflected in the price of your CBD oil.
- Carrier oil: as the name suggests, carrier oils aid in the absorption of CBD because they dissolve the cannabinoid’s molecules. The more common oils include olive oil, MCT oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil.
- Trusted brand: Always research a brand before you buy it. You can read about it on the media, check reviews and see how many years the company has been on the market.
- Check for reviews: Chech a reputable, third-party website such as Trustpilot for reviews. Trustpilot is a review platform that allows all customers to leave reviews on their experiences with products, brands and services.
Now that we have that covered lets go over some of the top brands on the market.
The Best CBD oil UK
From one of the most trusted brands on the market to the newest contender, we took a look at a few favourite brands out there to see how they compare.
Flagship brand from cannabis healthcare company CiiTECH, has been a long time favourite among CBD users in the UK. Researched backed Provacan specialises in CBD and the company founder and CEO Clifton Flack is an expert in the field.The brand has an extensive range of CBD oils, allowing customers to find exactly the right product for them. Furthermore, Provacan has a range of topicals, vapes and even terpenes. Recently the company has launched a line of Vitmains.
You’ve all probably heard of vitabiotics and have for sure bought a supplement from the company. Vitabiotics is renowned for its supplements and it has recently entered the CBD space with 3 CBD isolate products.
Love hemp has been one of the early players on in the CBD market. The brand has an extensive range of products. Love/hemp has recently partnered with boxing champ Anthony Joshua.
As you can see, there is no one brand fits all. Each brand offers something a little bit different. The most important thing to remember is to do your research, start of slow and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.