February is here, and that means it’s Love Your Liver Month! We often don’t think about our livers, but they are an incredibly important organ that helps keep us healthy. Taking care of your liver is essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle, so this month we want to remind you to show your liver some love. In this blog post, we will discuss what Love Your Liver Month is and how you can protect and maintain the health of your liver.
Read on to learn more and join us in celebrating Love Your Liver Month this February!
I’m Monica, and I’ve been working at Provacan for almost four years. I am one of the voices behind our weekly newsletters and blogs, and I have chatted with many of you on social media.
My liver has faced many obstacles, I suffer from 2 rare liver diseases, one of which is Wilson’s Disease and the other is a rare and aggressive bile duct cancer that presents itself on the liver…eeek, that sounds scary right? My story is long, filled with many treatments from surgeries to chemotherapy, radiation and so on. Last year marked my 5-year anniversary from diagnosis and that’s a huge milestone for me, as it also means I have beat the statistics!
Honestly, I don’t believe I would be here today if I hadn’t loved and taken care of my liver. I love my liver and by adhering to a daily wellness regime I am here today to share my story.
What is Love Your Liver Month?
The goal of Love Your Liver Month is to help people understand the importance of looking after their liver health and encourage them to do so.
The liver plays a vital role in the body, performing important functions that are essential for maintaining overall health and wellbeing. As such, it is important to take steps to look after your liver and ensure that it is functioning properly. Love Your Liver Month is the perfect opportunity to do this. By understanding what you can do to love your liver and keep it healthy, you can ensure that your liver remains in good health and continues to perform its important functions.
The Importance of a Healthy Liver
Your liver is an important organ in your body that helps regulate many of your body’s functions. It plays a vital role in digestion, metabolism, and detoxification, among other things. As such, it is important to ensure that your liver remains healthy.
When your liver is unhealthy, it can affect other organs in your body and lead to health complications, including cirrhosis, fatty liver disease, and even cancer. Additionally, an unhealthy liver can cause fatigue, confusion, abdominal pain, jaundice, loss of appetite, and weight loss.
The key to maintaining a healthy liver is to make sure you’re taking good care of yourself by eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Additionally, reducing your alcohol intake and limiting exposure to environmental toxins like smoking and air pollution can also help protect your liver from harm. Taking the time to love your liver each month will ensure that it continues to function optimally for years to come.
Top 10 Tips on Ways to Keep Your Liver Healthy
Love your liver this month, and all year round, by taking steps to keep it healthy. Here are a few things you can do:
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: Obesity increases the risk of fatty liver disease and other liver issues, so make sure to stay within a healthy weight range for your body type.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise helps to support a healthy weight, as well as promote proper digestion, which can help protect your liver. Getting at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day is a great start.
- Limit Alcohol Intake: Too much alcohol can damage the liver and even lead to cirrhosis. If you do drink, try to limit your intake to one or two drinks a day.
- Avoid Harmful Substances: Many substances such as tobacco smoke, some medications, and illicit drugs can damage the liver over time, so avoid them if possible.
- Eat Liver-Supporting Foods: Eating a healthy diet full of plant-based foods can help nourish the liver and keep it functioning properly. Foods like dark, leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables, nuts, and beans can all provide vital vitamins and minerals that can support healthy liver function.
- Get Regular Checkups: Routine checkups are important for maintaining overall health and detecting any potential problems with your liver. Speak to your doctor about getting tested for any signs of liver dysfunction or disease, especially if you have any of the symptoms mentioned above.
By following these simple tips, you can ensure that your liver is in tip-top shape and ready to tackle anything that comes its way. Love your liver this month and show it some appreciation by taking steps to keep it healthy!
- Take Daily supplements: I believe that finding the right supplements is crucial to help support your body and your liver. Some of my favourites that I use not only to support my liver but to also control symptoms from my treatments are vitamin C, D+K2, Magnesium, Zinc, Horsetail Grass, Bee Propolis, and I can’t forget my CBD.
I use both CBD oil and CBD capsules. My joints and my extremely dry hands and feet also benefit from CBD balm, which I use on them. Make sure you always do your research about supplements and talk to your doctor.
Symptoms of an Unhealthy Liver
Having an unhealthy liver can lead to a variety of symptoms and complications. These can range from mild to severe and can occur suddenly or gradually over time. It is important to be aware of the warning signs that your liver may not be functioning as it should.
Common signs of an unhealthy liver include:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Abdominal swelling
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- Enlarged blood vessels in the skin
- Confusion or disorientation
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to speak to your doctor right away. Early detection and treatment can help prevent more serious health issues down the road.
In conclusion, Healthy Liver Month is an important time to raise awareness about the vital role that the liver plays in maintaining our overall health and well-being. It’s a good time to think about our own liver health and take steps to support it, such as eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding risky behaviours such as excessive alcohol consumption. By taking care of our livers, we can improve our overall health and reduce our risk of liver-related diseases. So let’s make every month a healthy liver month and commit to taking care of this important organ.
And don’t forget to use your code LOYALTY25 and get 25% off for all our CBD products today!