Perhaps you have recently taken advantage of all the great offers from Provacan and loaded up on CBD, only to find yourself with way too much CBD oil in your hands. Or perhaps you have found a few old bottles about to expire… Well, we don’t want all that golden oil to go to waste.
Does CBD Oil expire?
Like most things, CBD oil does expire, on the other hand, it takes quite a while for that to happen and is usually due to not storing your CBD oil properly.
Products containing cannabidiol will last for approximately two years when stored at cool temperatures and kept out of direct sunlight. Regular exposure to direct sunlight or heat will reduce the potency of a product.
These tinctures can begin to form bacterial clumps when kept in warm conditions and exposed to fresh oxygen. A bottle can build up visible globs of gunk which the naked eye can see.
Store extra bottles in the fridge to extend the oil’s shelf life until you’re ready to use it again.
What happens if you use expired CBD Oil?
CBD oil that has expired is unlikely to make you sick. You probably won’t get much out of it at all. A cannabinoid’s potency decreases as it degrades over time. The full therapeutic benefits of CBD oil won’t be available if it is expired.
Here are something ways to make sure you make the most of your CBD Oil.
- Reevaluate your CBD regime. This is a great time to experiment with your CBD dosage. Try upping your strength or dose and see if you notice anything different. Trying to find that optimal amount is always tricky and you may find that playing around with the dosage will be beneficial to you and your wellbeing.
- Make a CBD cake and invite your friends. Looking for fun ideas for the next time you host a dinner party? What better way to keep everyone satisfied than with a CBD cake for dessert? Find the recipe below. Not a cake fan? There are hundreds of fantastic CBD recipes all over the internet.
- Plan a CBD party. Sure you have heard of celebrities throwing a CBD Bash. So why not host one yourself? Whether it’s a girl’s night out or games night, have a CBD-infused party with CBD-infused cocktails, and snacks. You could even pick up some CBD topicals.
- Sharing is caring. Do you have a friend or family member that would love to try some CBD? Give them a bottle, we are sure they will be very grateful and return the favour one day.
Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
200g caster sugar
200g softened butter
4 eggs, beaten
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
For the filling:
100g butter, softened
140g icing sugar, sifted
5 pipettes of Provacan CBD Oil
drop vanilla extract (optional)
half a 340g of strawberry jam
icing sugar, to decorate
For the batter:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two 20cm sandwich tins with non-stick baking paper and butter them.
- To make the batter, combine 200g caster sugar, 200g softened butter, 4 beaten eggs, 200g self-raising flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 2 tablespoons of milk in a large bowl. Mix until you have a smooth consistency.
- Use a spatula or spoon to smooth the mixture between the tins.
- The cake should be golden and springy when pressed after about 20 minutes of baking.
- Turn on a cooling rack.
For the filling:
- Beat 100 grams of softened butter until creamy and smooth, then gradually add 140 grams of sifted icing sugar and a drop of vanilla extract (if you’re using it). Stir in your CBD oil.
- Cover one of the sponges with buttercream. Top the other sponge with 170g strawberry jam and sandwich them together.
- Before serving, dust with icing sugar. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
So while it may be some time for your CBD oil to expire, why wait? Enjoy the extra CBD you have and share it with those around you. Furthermore, If you buy your CBD from reputable sources such as Provacan, you can rest assured that the products are produced according to the highest standards of quality and free from any contamination including pesticides and herbicides. All these factors add to your product’s shelf life.