Easter is a special time of year when family and friends come together to celebrate new beginnings and the arrival of spring. Traditionally, this holiday is associated with religious ceremonies, the search for Easter eggs and, of course, delicious food.
If you want to give your Easter traditions a new twist this year, why not try incorporating CBD into your recipes? CBD, or cannabidiol, is a non-psychoactive compound found in the cannabis plant that has been shown to promote your well-being.
A great way to incorporate CBD into your Easter menu is with CBD-infused Hot Cross Buns, a classic Easter treat with a twist. These spiced buns with the cross on top are a staple at Good Friday celebrations and are easy to make at home with CBD oil.
Another delicious recipe to try is CBD-infused scalloped potatoes, a cosy and tasty side dish that goes well with any Easter meal. Adding CBD oil to this recipe can help you relax and fully appreciate the flavours of the dish.
If you are looking for a main dish that will really impress your guests, the CBD-infused Glazed Honey Ham is a great option. This succulent ham is glazed with a sweet and spicy sauce infused with CBD oil, making it the perfect centrepiece for your Easter feast.
CBD-Infused Hot Cross Buns:
For the buns:
- 500g strong white flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1½ tsp fast-action yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 275ml milk, warmed
- 150g sultanas
- 50g candied peel
For the crosses:
- 75g plain flour
- 5-6 tbsp water
For the CBD infusion:
- 250mg CBD oil (we recommend using a flavourless option)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, mixed spice, cinnamon, lemon zest, and yeast.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the beaten egg and warmed milk to the dry ingredients, and mix to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Add the sultanas and candied peel to the dough, and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (200°C fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal-sized balls and place them on the lined tray, leaving some space between each bun.
- Cover the buns with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for another 30 minutes.
- To make the crosses, mix the plain flour and water together until it forms a smooth paste.
- Spoon the paste into a piping bag, and pipe crosses onto the buns.
- Bake the buns in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- While the buns are still warm, brush them with the CBD oil.
- Leave the buns to cool on a wire rack before serving.
CBD-Infused Scalloped Potatoes:
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 250mg CBD oil (we recommend using a flavourless option)
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic, and sauté until they are soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onion and garlic mixture, and stir until it’s well combined.
- Gradually pour in the whole milk and heavy cream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add the dried thyme, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until it thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the CBD oil.
- Grease a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Layer half of the sliced potatoes in the baking dish.
- Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes, making sure to cover them evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the grated Gruyere cheese over the sauce.
- Repeat the layering process with the remaining potatoes, sauce, and cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
CBD-Infused Honey Glazed Ham:
- 1 (4-5 kg) fully cooked ham
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 500mg CBD oil (we recommend using a flavourless option)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Score the surface of the ham with shallow cuts in a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham in a large baking dish, cut side down.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the honey, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add the CBD oil. Stir well to combine.
- Brush half of the glaze over the ham, making sure to cover it evenly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil, and brush the remaining glaze over the ham.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425°F (220°C), and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until the glaze is caramelised and the ham is heated through.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Whether you are religious or not, Easter is a wonderful time to get together with loved ones and enjoy good food. With recipes enriched with CBD, you can add a new dimension of relaxation and enjoyment to your Easter celebrations. So why not try something new this year and incorporate CBD into your Easter menu? Happy Easter and have fun cooking!